Aliexpress is an online retail service focusing on e-commerce and computing. It provides wide range of products to the consumers at cheaper price. As the platform is huge, there is a large probabilities of infringements and violations. Our client into business of accessories and rosary collection and has a Registered Trademark. One of the competitor used the registered trademark of our client as the product title without obtaining our client’s authorization and with a malafide intention.
Affect of Trademark Infringement
- Monetary Loss due to using the trademark in the product title in same kind of product
- Confusion in the mind of consumers as to who is the original seller
- Loss of Goodwill since the infringer quality of service was not as par to our client
- Mental Agony since there was a loss in the business
To protect the interest of our client, a DMCA takedown notice was filed to aliexpress.com to takedown the infringing content.
Steps to file DMCA takedown Notice
- Identification of the infringement
- Collection of evidence
- Comparison of Infringing URLs and Original URLs (Our client’s URL)
- Preparation of the DMCA takedown Notice in proper format and with reference to facts and evidence
- Sending the notice to aliexpress.com
After the notice was filed, aliexpress.com removed the infringing seller giving our client relief. SUCCESS.
Lex DMCA has different mechanical social gathering to esteem the cases in minimum time and give 100% client satisfaction. Issuing an infringement notice isn’t a straight forward endeavour. If the notice isn’t proper then it will attract several outcomes. So it is advisable to always take help of a specialist while dealing with copyright infringement or any other infringement.