DMCA TAKEDOWN NOTICE TO TIKTOK
Tiktok is a social media service which is focused on videos. Millions of users post different kinds of short videos from different genres like jokes, songs, dance, pranks etc. As the platform is huge, there is a large probabilities of infringements and violations. Our client had created content and posted those videos in Youtube. The infringer copied the contents of our client and posted those in Tiktok without obtaining prior permission from our client.
Affect of Copyright Infringement
- Monetary Loss due to using the video of our client
- Confusion in the mind of consumers as to who is the original content creator
- Loss of Goodwill since the infringer quality of video was not as par to our client
- Mental Agony since there was a loss in the business
To protect the interest of our client, a DMCA takedown notice was filed to Tiktok to takedown the infringing content.
Steps to file DMCA takedown Notice
- Identification of the infringement
- Collection of evidence
- Comparison of Infringing URLs and Original URLs (Our client’s URL)
- Preparation of the DMCA takedown Notice in proper format and with reference to facts and evidence
- Sending the notice to Tiktok
After the notice was filed, Tiktok removed the infringing seller giving our client relief. SUCCESS.
Lex DMCA has different mechanical social gathering to esteem the cases in minimum time and give 100% client satisfaction. Issuing an infringement notice isn’t a straight forward endeavour. If the notice isn’t proper then it will attract several outcomes. So it is advisable to always take help of a specialist while dealing with copyright infringement or any other infringement.