DMCA TAKEDOWN NOTICE TO GOOGLE PLAY
Google Play is an online store where people find the apps, games, movies, TV shows which they require and they can avail it either for free or by paying certain amount. Since the platform is huge,there are chances that one party uses another party’s copyrighted works improperly or without permission.
Our client has a App Icon for his app and consumers recognize our client through the app icon. One of the competitor used same app icon as that of our client in Google Play Store without obtaining our client’s authorization and with a malafide intention.
Affect of Copyright Infringement
- Monetary Loss due to using the copyrighted app icon for the same kind of App.
- Confusion in the mind of consumers as to who is the original App
- Loss of Goodwill since the infringer quality of service was not as par to our client
- Mental Agony since there was a loss in the business
To protect the interest of our client, a DMCA takedown notice was filed to Google Play to takedown the infringing content.
Steps to file DMCA takedown Notice
- Identification of the infringement
- Collection of evidence
- Comparison of Infringing URLs and Original URLs (Our client’s URL)
- Preparation of the DMCA takedown Notice in proper format and with reference to facts and evidence
- Sending the notice to Google Play
After the notice was filed, Google Play removed the infringing content giving our client relief. SUCCESS.
Lex DMCA has different mechanical social gathering to esteem the cases in minimum time and give 100% client satisfaction. Issuing an infringement notice isn’t a straight forward endeavour. If the notice isn’t proper then it will attract several outcomes. So it is advisable to always take help of a specialist while dealing with copyright infringement or any other infringement.